Any 420 crawler with backkoe photos?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jdemaris

Any 420 crawler with backkoe photos?

Post by jdemaris » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 am

If anybody has a 420, 430, or 440 with a backhoe on the back, I'd like to see some photos.

I've got land in northern Michigan and I need a small hoe up there. I'm living a 1000 miles away and can't truck anything that far. I'd buy an older complete used hoe, but they seem to be scarce and overpriced in Michigan. I can buy a used, older hoe here in New York, just about whenever I want for $3500 - $5000. But, if I have to spend over $2000 to truck it, it's not worth it. I've got five backhoes here - I wish I could find a way to get one up there.

Thus my question. I already have a Deere 420 crawler-loader parked up there. I also have an odd-ball backhoe, up there, that came off a Ford 641 Farm tractor - make unknown. I've been thinking about trying to attach it to the Deere crawler. So, I'd like to see some photos to see how some hoes are mounted on 420s. I don't have a workshop or tools up there, so there's no way I could do the work myself. I'm considering hiring someone in that area, if I can find someone willing, able, and reasonable in price. The backhoe has it's own reserve hydraulic tank that came with it along with a flow-divider for the hydraulics. That's how it was hooked to the Ford wheel tractor. This Deere 420 appears to have a pretty big hydraulic pump and the loader cycles pretty fast. It ought to be plenty of pump to run the hoe. I'd have to take the winch off the back and have some sort of mounts fabricated.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:33 pm

John,
The model 50/51 hoe book shows the mounts for a 420, quite an affair, hard to do unless you are at your shop. As to getting a hoe up there, a friend of mine runs your area to MI kind of often, he is reasonable and trustworthy.
Lavoy

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:59 am

i have a bradco 9hd hoe that i had mounted to my 420, what i did was made clamps like the loader atttaches then run 2x4x.25 tubeing from the cross bars to the back, made clamps to go around the draw bar quadrant then used bigger tubes to make saddeles to set respective tubes in of the hoe. the top i welded .75 thick steel on the top made pull bars out of the same material and conected to the loader frame. it is heavy and don't rock, the undercarraige can move like it should, don't pull any castings, can be removed and hooked up in 15 min. i have diverter valve and a flow control in the hydraulics. hard to explain i will see if i can get pics inthe next couple days (i dont have a camera). i will get a friend out there.

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 am

i will have some pics posted in show & tell later this morning.