Need advice buying a JD package deal.....

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
uppercanada
430 crawler
430 crawler

Need advice buying a JD package deal.....

Post by uppercanada » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:28 pm

A local farmer offered me a package deal of machines and attatchments, here is what he has:

2 JD M tractors, not running. Barn fresh. Look excellent except tires. No welds.

2 JD front end loaders for the M tractors. Hydraulic. One has adjustable blade instead of bucket. No bucket for the other.

2 side mowers for the M tractors

1 two furrow plow

2 sets rear wheel weights for M

1 mc crawler. In barn. Tracks/running gear are off the machine, but
complete looking. New seals and bearings in rear. No welds.

2 40 crawlers. One in parts, one complete. Tracks and gear are off but there. Tracks come with the parts machine but no other undercarriage parts.

1 spare motor (no head) for a 40 crawler

Many boxes of NOS parts for the crawlers and tractors, including 4 boxes of track pins. + a stack of manuals.

The tracks are off the crawlers because when the owner died 23+ years ago, he was in the midst of woking on them. They have sat on stands in the same building since then, never touched by his son.

I realize that nobody can say if this a good deal or not without seeing anything in person..... But he wants $7,000 (Cdn $) firm for the lot - which probably includes more parts than I list. He said it will take him a week to dig out all the parts he has.....

I am new to crawlers: can anyone give me some pointers on diagnosing the state of the tracks and undercarriage...?? If anyone is interested - I can post photos of the lot. Thanks for your time.

Toivo1037
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Toivo1037 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:04 pm

So, you are talking $7k for 5 tractors. wow, that sound like a lot of projects to take on at once.

But for $7k, I would think you could easily keep 2 that you like, and sell the rest and still come out making some $$. Just requires having the $7k to begin with.
JD 440 Crawler w/loader
JD 310c TLB

timberjack
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by timberjack » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 pm

uppercanada, i'd be interested in seeing pictures of them.

Are you planning to sell some or all of them? I wouldn't mind hearing about them if you decide to sell one of the crawlers. I presume from your handle you're in the southern ontario region? Might be a bit too far from me though.

Anyway, always like to hear about those multi tractor finds. :)

Seeing as this is my first post, thought i'd set a few lines about my self as well. Been lurking about the site off and on just reading. My Father's first crawler he bought was a 440 IC dozer. So, i've been looking for one for a bit off and on for him, but i always thought an MC would be a nice project too. We've got a few old letter series wheel tractors, a 30 GP, 37 D, 47 D, 47 AR, and a 49 AR.

Ken

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:16 pm

sounds like a deal to me, there is no shortage of people looking for parts or projects

uppercanada
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by uppercanada » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi Ken and all. The crawlers are in eastern Ontario, where the 401 crosses into Quebec. If you are interested in buying a crawler, or JD M tractor or anything else, I am going to have pictures of all on Friday. I have flatbeds going to London, ON once in a while, so there is greater possibility of a deal happening if interested.

I told the seller I am going to take the package, and he will hold them till spring - which is when I intend to get them home, sort everything out and start selling off . There are boxes and boxes or parts and such.

I want to keep a crawler (the MC) and one M and sell the rest of the stuff. That means a 40c, 40c parts machine, M tractor + weights + loader + sidecutter, etc. will be up for sale. Plus whatever spare parts I do not want.

brianspridejd
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by brianspridejd » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:26 pm

id be jumping on that deal
im 23 and i have a 1940 jd h tractor ,a jd 420 dozer, a case vac 1947,a farmall a 193?, a farmall regualer 192? , a 1951 merc ,a1956 dodge 1 ton ,and a stover 1 lunger a ct2

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm

i wouldnt wait. i bought a nova once, i took a couple of weeks to pick it up and when i did this guys friends told him of all the good stuff they wanted off it ,so he stripped parts and sold them,so ive smartend up now when i see a deal i grab it, no waiting for someone to take the good and leave me paying for the rest :oops:

sean deere
MC crawler
MC crawler

MC Dozer

Post by sean deere » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 am

how much do you think you will sell the MC dozer for?

Thanks
James