Questions on MC to 440c

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
derf
40C crawler
40C crawler

Questions on MC to 440c

Post by derf » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi all; Hope this isn't to long. I have a 1952 MC 75% restored and painted.
It still needs a final drive on the left side. I probably have enough parts to build the drive except for a shaft and hub. This is a family crawler and I want to get her finished as a keeper / user.
In the mean time i have acquired a 420 with a JD90 loader, probably a parts machine, also a 440 and blade that i think i can make a runner out of. Needs ring gear and final drive work.

Most recently I picked up a complete back end (transmission and both finals) for "I am guessing a 40C) the final drive casting # is M3444T.

Now here is the question????
I am aware that most of these internal drive parts are not interchangeable but it looks like the complete drives from a 40 or 420 may bolt on to the "MC". I see I would have to spread the track carriage about 1.5" on each side.

Do you think this is a workable plan or are there other ideas???

Also I have the pressed steel pads on the MC, could I chose the flat "street" pads from the 440 and use them as an option on the MC??

Many thanks,,,,.... derf...... :D :D
There is more to life than good gas milage

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:36 pm

The pads will interchange, the final might with come cobbling. The correct parts are available, why not put the right ones on?
Lavoy

derf
40C crawler
40C crawler

Final drives

Post by derf » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 pm

thanks for the prompt replies, good to know there are parts out there. Being on the usual "low budget", spread to thin, I think I will try to make the stuff I have here work, when time permits. Can anyone confirm that the M3444T is from a 40C??

Is there any market for a JD 90 loader with 2 buckets and a set of log forks....

Could you please tell me how to post pictures... I saw some good posts with interesting pics.... Keep up the great work.......derf :D :D :D

PM49MC
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by PM49MC » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:30 pm

I might be interested in the log forks. send me a PM. Phil.

Lu47Dan
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Final drives

Post by Lu47Dan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

derf wrote:Could you please tell me how to post pictures... I saw some good posts with interesting pics.... Keep up the great work.......derf :D :D :D
derf, you need to have a photo hosting site like PhotoBucket first. Once you have your account set up, a free account works fine, you need to get a link to the photo there and post it here using the buttons above the reply box.
The Img button is clicked on and a bracketed "img" will appear, paste the link next to it then click Img again and a bracket "/img" will appear.
The Navigation Bar is shown in the picture above, the cursor is above the button you need.
And you can see the bracketed image coding between the Nav Bar and the post window.
Dan.
1956 420C with GSC blade
Tools are to men as shoes are to women , you can never have too many !!
Used diesel engines are an adventure any way you look at them !!

Lu47Dan
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Lu47Dan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 am

derf, I might be interested in the throttle shaft stand, JD part number T10896T or M3152T If it has not been broken and welded back together.
Pm me here.
Dan
1956 420C with GSC blade
Tools are to men as shoes are to women , you can never have too many !!
Used diesel engines are an adventure any way you look at them !!

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Final drives

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:36 am

derf wrote: Could you please tell me how to post pictures...
if you haven't figured out to post pics, I have a post in the "Messageboard Q&A and Announcements" forum that explains how to post pics from a third-party host such as Photobucket.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

derf
40C crawler
40C crawler

Thanks!!!

Post by derf » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks guys, I have done my pm's and I think I can figger out the photo bucket when time permits.

The only parts manual I have is for the MC, the 420C and 440C are kinda in the fog for me...

Many thanks ...........derf :D :D