2010C backhoe

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
mnwoody
40C crawler
40C crawler

2010C backhoe

Post by mnwoody » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

I have a 2010 diesel that I recently purchased that the engine was in boxes, and yes the parts are difficult to find and expensive. The only reason I put the money into it was because it is a clean unit, stored inside, and the pins, rails and sprockets were just replaced by the previous owner. I have been reading posts on jdcrawlers, what a great website. The questions I have are about adding a backhoe to the crawler. It is a loader crawler with a threaded hole for a second lever on the valve. Power beyond maybe? It has the weight brackets with weights on the back. How can I tell if I have the higher volume hydraulic pump? I have read about some kind of chasis stiffeners, what do those look like? If I don't have these parts, does anyone know where I can get them? Thank you.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am

Hi and welcome to the board-

I don't have all the answers but will try to help.

The 2010 loaders designed for a backhoe attachment had a hoe bracket instead of a toolbar bracket, which my understanding the backhoe bracket is stronger. The hydraulics for the hoe are plumbed at the rear (quick disconnect hose fittings), and all of the hydraulic controls for the hoe are on the valve body of the hoe. This is because the 2010 is an open center tractor (constant flow through system). It is very important that you get an open center backhoe attachment as some of the later models are closed center- get the wrong one and it could blow up your hydraulic pump or worse. :shock:

The hoe crawlers did not need a counterweight bracket unless the hoe wasn't attached, so would be uncommon to find a hoe crawler with the counterweights.

The "power beyond" port you mentioned near the loader controls is to add a valve to divert flow for attachments like the Drott multipurpose (4in1) bucket or the scarifier (ripper) attachment.

The Cessna pump for my loader/hoe hydrualics is rear mounted. Loaders apparently come standard with the 23 gpm pump that is needed to operate a hoe. The issue comes about with 2010 dozers which sometimes have the 13 gpm pump. If you have a loader, it should be a 23 gpm pump. Apparently the way to tell for sure is the size of the splined shafts (7/8" versus 3/4" according to a Jdemaris post).

It may be that your loader was set up for a scarifier (ripper) rather than a hoe since you have the counterweights. to know for sure, you would need to look at the attachment bracket and the hydraulic setup as previously described. I may be able to take pics this weekend if needed.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu May 12, 2011 6:48 am

Here are some photos of my backhoe bracket and hydraulic setup for my 2010 loader (note the quick attach fittings in the second photo that the hydraulic hoses from the hoe connect):

(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

mnwoody
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by mnwoody » Tue May 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you for the pics, Tigerhaze. I can see the brackets are different. The top bolts attach to a bar rail on the toolbar bracket, does the hoe bracket attach to the same bar rail or is it a heavier built rail? I want to put a hoe on this crawler, so I can finish up some landscaping projects and pond for parents.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 pm

I haven't looked at that closely, but I would assume that the attaching points on the crawler itself are the same and the only differences are on the bracket. I will try to look at that this weekend.