A couple of????

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

A couple of????

Post by gus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:28 pm

I was searching craigs list for a pickup topper and somehow there was a JD 420 in there. Well, I had to give it a look.

"rare old Jd crawler with dozer and winch, needs some TLC but runs fine and is in good shape. Would make a great restore project. $5900.00"

Yeah right :shock: Beat all to hell on all sides, top, and bottom, as in used by a logger, tracks shot, just a sorry looking old girl.

I drove by a JD dealer about 80 miles from here and there was a 430 with outside blade on the lot. It was a weekend and no one around but I stopped and looked. 4 roller, tracks about 185 3/4% worn out (idler almost past the end of the track frame, any more and it'd fall off) and the rest of the machine was about a little below average. Quite a few things broken. Next time through it was gone.

A few weeks later it was back on the lot. I figured it must have been in the shop for a tune up or minor fixing.

Well, again, I emailed the dealer: engine has run fine for 20 years and doesn't use oil, tranny good, tracks are "worn but not sure how much", no mention of the steering which I asked about. $4995

That should make mine worth about $16,500.00 :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whiteclipse16
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by whiteclipse16 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

That is insane. I'd probably only ask $5000 for mine when I get it completely done (if I was to sell it which I never will). And that's with all new tranny and final drive bearings and seals, all new steering and engine clutch components. Also, motor checked out and new seals.

Those prices are just insane, but I suppose in different parts of the country the value of these old girls is a lot higher but geez. Maybe the dealer really got ripped on the trade in haha.
Ben

Great Grandpa's 1960 440ICD 602 blade
Between SN's: 455,633 - 456,801
Currently Rebuilding/Restoring

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 am

What you guys are forgetting is if you asked either of the guys selling those, Deere only make a few of them, and they are really rare, expensive, or whatever other adjective they can come up with.
I had a guy from the NW buy some parts from me for some crawlers he was selling, and he was telling me how he would get in the mid 20's for them because "these people got money, and want to spend it!"
I kind of thought we should be sending him a few semi loads of crawlers if that is the kind of market he has.
Lavoy

gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Lavoy wrote:What you guys are forgetting is if you asked either of the guys selling those, Deere only make a few of them, and they are really rare, expensive, or whatever other adjective they can come up with.
I had a guy from the NW buy some parts from me for some crawlers he was selling, and he was telling me how he would get in the mid 20's for them because "these people got money, and want to spend it!"
I kind of thought we should be sending him a few semi loads of crawlers if that is the kind of market he has.
Lavoy
Actually prices for the old crawlers is higher here. Rarely see one under $2500 unless it's trashed. Then again, I've seen very nice ones go for $5000. I passed on a nice 430, 5 roller at $2500 because the steering was questionable and it had an old pipe type loader.

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Last Ritchie Bros Sale In Edmonton

Post by JWB Contracting » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 pm

If you'd like to see some good prices for older Deere crawlers and tractors, check the results under 2 wheel drive tractors, crawler tractors and crawler loaders.

I was very surprised to see MC's with the wrong pads and a 5 gallon overhaul go for that kind of $. Also remember there is a 4% buyers fee on top as well.

Most complete parts crawlers are going between 1,500 to 3,000 around here, to much Alberta oil money keeping the prices up. I've got an MC with a stuck engine, no rad and no tin to pick up. Rails are about 70%, had to pay 800 for it. Will get my money and trucking out of the rails, but the just might go on the lindeman my dad picked up last week. Got to find some good pads first....
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

LarryD
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by LarryD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 am

I do believe that PT Barnum was absolutely correct in his assessment of the human race. :P