New to me MC, almost running

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Norbert77
MC crawler
MC crawler

New to me MC, almost running

Post by Norbert77 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:25 pm

Hello all, Norbert here, just bought this beast at an auction. They said it needs a starter. They were not kidding, spent the day taking apart, trying a fix, reinstall, not working, redo... Needs a Bendix spring but got it sorted out, the threads on the end of the little nut are stripped and had to ream out the shaft to make it stay on. Undercut the mica and cleaned up armature, eventually it started but I will get it sent out for a few things.

This dozer. Don't know where to start. Oil change. Cleaned the carb, removed ages worth of gunk build up. She's a leaker... Leaking on the fast idle adjustment, fuel bowl shutoff and needs a bowl gasket. That's as far as I got, it is still on the trailer. Brake pedal doesn't seem to do anything. Needs a nose cone, boy, does it need a lot.

Someone has (tried and failed?) converting to 12 volt. It's a 12 volt starter, coil and alternator, but nothing is wired up. All old wires have been removed. But at least no bastardized ratsnest to figure out.

Tomorrow I will push it off the trailer

https://youtu.be/zKuKhaZO3VI?feature=shared
wise electric

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New to me MC, almost running

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 am

I have starters and starter parts on hand, carbs and carb kits on hand or avaialble.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com