new clutch 440ic

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
john lewis
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by john lewis » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks ray. i have been to the faqs but i didnt understand but now when he explained about throw out bearing and what fingers are i understand a whole lot better.Im brand new to this, i never took a motor out of anything or even seen a clutch before,so i guess i need a little more explaining then someboy who has done this before.So thanks to all u out there that make an effort to help john
440 ic 831 loader

john lewis
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by john lewis » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:19 am

Getting close to finishing do not have allinment tool,wondering if i can snug up clutch and install on shaft then tighen up clutch tru inspection hole on bottom after it is centered thanks john
440 ic 831 loader

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 am

john lewis wrote:Getting close to finishing do not have allinment tool,wondering if i can snug up clutch and install on shaft then tighen up clutch tru inspection hole on bottom after it is centered thanks john
John, in a pinch what I've used for an alignment tool is a shaft that fits the pilot bushing hole and then I used electrical tape to make a layer large enough in diameter to just fit inside the clutch disk. Very crude looking but I've used it a half dozen times and it works just fine. The key is the shaft has to be the same diameter as the end of your transmission input shaft.

Not pretty but it works!

Brad

john lewis
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by john lewis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:41 pm

The clutch was the problem im in and running,along with the reverser now working which it wasnt before, u fine folks help me adjust the clutches on it.So i would like to say THANKS to everybody out there that took their time and helped me, this was my first time to try such a big job and i dont think i could have done it without your help.Also i would like to say a special thank you to lavoy for my parts and the site.john
440 ic 831 loader