2010 CRAWLER USING WATER?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ironyetty
430 crawler
430 crawler

2010 CRAWLER USING WATER?

Post by ironyetty » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 pm

MY JD 2010 CRAWLER IS USING WATER, ABOUT A GALLON EVERY TIME I RUN IT. I'VE ONLY RUN IT ABOUT 5 HOURS TOTAL SINCE I BOUGHT IT ABOUT A MONTH AGO. IT APPEARS THAT IT IS ALL BEING BLOWN OUT THE VENT TUBE AS STEAM. THE OIL SEEMS TO BE FINE, NO SIGNS OF A BUNCH OF WATER BEING PUSHED INTO IT JUST A SMALL AMOUNT OF WHAT LOOKS TO BE BLOW BY, (FROTHY OIL), ON THE UPPER PART OF THE DIPSTICK. THE OIL HAS REMAINED DARK AND THE LEVEL HAS STAYED, NOT LOSING OR GAINING ANY OIL.
WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THE ALL THE WATER BEING BLOW OUT OF THE VENT TUBE? DO YOU THINK THE HEAD IS CRACKED OR BLOWN OR COULD I JUST BE LUCKY AND JUST HAVE TO REPLACE THE GASKET?
HOPE SOMONE CAN GIVE ME SOME GOOD NEWS?

WHERE CAN I FIND A REBUILT HEAD IF THIS IS MY TROUBLE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:00 pm

it's probab;y a blown head gasket that is putting pressure into your radiator I would take the head off and have it checked out and check the head gasket out at the same time.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:52 am

I agree- it sounds like a blown head gasket. I had the same exact problem with my GM truck. It will get progressively worse, and you will not want to run it much more. I thought I didn't have much water in my oil pan based strictly on the dipstick (frothy just at the top of the dipstick and little oil level change), but drained about a quart of water out when I drained the oil.

I suggest changing your oil right away and find out; you definitely don't want your main and connecting rod bearings sitting in water for too long. It's cheap insurance.