1010 track and roller q's

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
pjl
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 track and roller q's

Post by pjl » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:30 pm

Two questions, if I may:
1: I went to grease my new crawler for the first time the other day and found that (2) rollers on the l/h side were different than the (8) others (l/h & r/h). They looked like pillow block bearings on the inside and outside of the track frame and roller, with nowhere to grease (they do look factory something...). Any ideas what this is, and how to lube if needed?
2: I recently asked Lavoy about costing of a kit to repin and bush my track chains or pricing on new chains. He suggested that there weren't new 1010 chains, but if I converted it to 350 chains... Hence my 2nd question what is involved with the conversion, and what are the benefits?
Thanks PJL

jdman
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by jdman » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:17 pm

Question #1 I Think Those Rollers Are The Replacements.. Part Of The Updates To The 350 Undercarrage.......... I Now The Replacements Are A Sealed Unit....

Question #2 I Bought A New Set Of 350 Chains And Pads, From A Local Case Dealer, 2200.00 Set .. ( Made By "Berco" ) For My 1010 Crawler.. They Fit Great... The Only Thing Is The Master Pin Is Pressed In... I Made A Pin And Put A E-Clip On It Like The Old Style...

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:35 pm

If the rollers look substantially different from the Deere rollers, they are most likely Berco or one of the other aftermarket supplier. Look on one end of the roller, and you might see a pipe plug that takes a 3/8" ratchet or extension to remove. Remove this and you can refill the roller with oil.

If you convert to 350 chains, you need to rerim your sprockets for the larger bushing. 1010 is 1 9/16", 350 is 1 3/4" bushing. If you old sprockets are shot, they will sit on the rails pretty good, if they are good shape, you will chew on both the sprockets and the bushings because you will in effent be out of pitch.
Lavoy