Clutch adjustment

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ggfossen
440 crawler
440 crawler

Clutch adjustment

Post by ggfossen » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:01 pm

Lavoy,

The fingers of the new pressure plate/clutch that you sent me are protruding beyond the gauge limit about 1/16 or an 1/8. The adjustment nuts have a spring thing from between the nuts up and over the top.

To adjust, do I have to simply remove that spring? It doesn't appear to be necessary?

Did you get my email concerning the last shipment?

Gary Fossen

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Gary,
I thought I had pulled those tas off, sorry. Grab them with a pliers, not even sure what they put them on there for, I assume it is just an assembly aid.
Depends on which e-mail you mean, I have been gone since Wednesday. I have internet access, but no e-mail access. I will be home tomorrow and will catch up on e-mails.
Lavoy

ggfossen
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by ggfossen » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:41 am

Lavoy,

OK on the tags.

Concerning my email to you, I got the wrong package. You may have to be home to access files to straighten it out?

Gary

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:36 pm

Gary,
Just got home 10 minutes ago, still playing catch up. Got your e-mail, I know where your stuff is at, I sent you an e-mail just now, sorry for the screw up.
Lavoy

ggfossen
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by ggfossen » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:51 pm

No problem. Whatever works best.

As long as I continue to find left over little parts on the bench, I won't be ready for the final button-up.

First, it was the lifters. I found those before the gasket glue had set up really tightly.

Now, it's a small ring that I suspect goes on the front of the cam shaft retaining the gear. At least, I hope so. If not, it goes into one of the finals, and I would have no way of knowing which one. They are both mounted, tracks and all.

My lack of organization is catching up with me.

Gary