1010 track rollers

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
airboater67
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 track rollers

Post by airboater67 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Hey guys, new to the board. but not to the 1010. My dad owns a 1010 crawler diesel with the 6-way blade. He is only the second owner. He bought it used in the 60's. It has always been in the family. We try to keep her running, but parts are getting hard to find. It has started to try to throw the tracks. We know the upper and lower track rollers are worn and think this is our problem. Does anyone know if these parts are still available new or does anyone have good used ones they would like to sell? We don't want to put put her out to pasture yet.She has cleared countless acres for us and others and will NEVER be sold. Do 1010 track parts interchange with any other model? Great site, Me and my dad have worked on almost every part of this dozer and i still have learned new things from some of your posts. thanks in advance.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:53 pm

Rollers and idlers can contribute to derailing, but normally it is due to worn pins and bushings in the track.
New aftermarket rollers are available, used ones from time to time. I have new upper idlers on hand most of the time.
Rails are the same as early 2010, just shorter, rollers are the same as 4--440, upper idlers as well.
Check the front idler for play, this is another are that can cause problems.
Lavoy

airboater67
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by airboater67 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:40 pm

lavoy, thanks for the reply. Can pins and bushings in the track be replaced? how much? I don't think my dad has ever replaced these. we have had to bust the track apart to fix other things, but did not replace anything. As far as rollers and idler, i know some of the bushing are worn because they wobble. I don't know if the actual roller or idler is worn out of spec. to cause track walk. Never had a new one to compare to. how much do your idlers run? Feel free to email any info if needed. I appreciate all the info I can get on parts. JD dealers are taking me to the cleaners. Thanks again, Chad.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Tracks can be rebushed, that is no problem. Measure across 5 pins (4 links) and see what kind of measurement you get. 23" is new, 23.25 is shot. Make sure you measure in an area where the track is tight.
Lavoy