Rollers, Brake bands and track pins for 440IC

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Al
MC crawler
MC crawler

Rollers, Brake bands and track pins for 440IC

Post by Al » Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching the web for a while trying to find some good rollers. 4 on my crawler have had the sides broken off. I bought this around 7 years ago and it's been taking up space in my shop ever since. Progress stopped due to frustration and other projects. The rails had been replaced sometime and didn't appear to have a master pin, previous owner tried to get what would be the master pins through but apparently gave up on getting them all of the way through and welded them in partially installed so they stuck out a bit. I'm guessing this is why the sides of some of the rollers have been broken off. I'll need 2 new pins too. The rails show "Berco 10 57" and have no apparent wear.

They had apparently replaced all of the steering clutch disks and bands too. Somehow the brake bands weren't installed around the drum properly. They should look like new too but they were somehow on the drum an angle and the material was worn through around the inside edge of the band. So I need new bands too, I'll bet I can get these from Lavoy.

A good fuel tank would be nice too. The throttle rod looks like it wore through the top of the tank, there is a thin crack in the tank were the rod was rubbing.

I probably last posted about 7 years ago, I guess I lost interest after track removal experience then breaking bolts for the blade mounting bracket. Reassessing now. I would like to use it. I'm trying figure out if it makes sense financially along with the time and effort it will take. The good is the rails, steering, rear sprockets had been replaced. I'm guessing due to the brake problem it wasn't used much after their undercarriage work was done. When I got it the engine smoked a bit. The main clutch was and still is frozen. I can deal with these if I think the undercarriage is good to go for a while.

Thanks!
Allen
Last edited by Al on Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1937 B
1959 440CI
1966 110
1973 140 H3

Al
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Rollers, Brake bands and track pins for 440IC

Post by Al » Fri May 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Looks like I posted something similar quite a while ago:

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... 802#p29802

This time I'm looking for parts...
1937 B
1959 440CI
1966 110
1973 140 H3

arto_wa
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by arto_wa » Sat May 06, 2017 10:29 am

There is a 440 ICD Diesel tank ebay vendor is offering and quite a few other parts...
1959 440 ICD with 6-way hydraulic blade.

Paul Buhler
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Paul Buhler » Sun May 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Fun to look at others' pictures. We all seem to have seen the potential in our particular project machines. Skinned knuckles, some sweat with more time and money spent than originally expected as a common theme. Then comes the satisfaction when a tired machine slowly comes back to life anew. Congrats all; raise a toast to our collective will. Paul
Paul Buhler
Killington, VT
420c 5 roll with 62 blade, FOPS, and Gearmatic 8a winch