new to site

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tldec50
40C crawler
40C crawler

new to site

Post by tldec50 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm

I am new to the jdcrawler web and have found it full of info and advice.I have a 40c 5 roller i bought last year to clear overgrown family pasture land of thorn bushes and privot hedge.This crawler is a powerful machine,pushing a big load up on a pile it will spin both 14 inch tracks.Well pleased with it and it is a workhorse.I bought it at an auction in east Ga. where it was puchased new.The s/n tag is missing so I figured looking in jdpc it is s/n 62264 and up since it has 5 rollers. The engine does not have a dip stick on left side like my mt or my dad's 420 tractor back in the day.It has a fill port with dip stick on the right side under the hydraulic pump. Never seen that before.I know the 430 tractors in 1959 had it there but they had a water pump.this 40c does not.Maybe this was a replacement block,I don,t know.Anyway glad to be a member of your website,might have questions in the future.Thanx,Tim

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new to site

Post by Lavoy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:06 am

The block you have is the replacement block for the 40, same block as a 330.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

tldec50
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: new to site

Post by tldec50 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 am

Thanx for the reply I thought it was a jd replacement block however it runs good and has been a workhorse in clearing the pasture.I was quite surprised with its performance,but a 350 is kinda rare here in Ga.which was what I was looking for.Tim