Aftermarket/Refurb Pressure Plate Finger Adjustment?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Crawly
40C crawler
40C crawler

Aftermarket/Refurb Pressure Plate Finger Adjustment?

Post by Crawly » Sun May 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi All -

Does anyone know how to adjust these aftermarket pressure plate fingers? The metal clips prevent access to the adjusting bolts for the fingers....

I am guessing remove the tab but I figured there would be something easier? Maybe not...

This pressure plate is supposed to be a direct replacement for part AT16121 for an early model John Deere 440IC crawler.

Just not sure how to adjust...when I put this pressure plate on and tighten it down it basically completely rotates the fingers until there is about 1/16th" clearance before the fingers bottom out.

And if these images don't show up can someone advise on how to properly add images?

Thanks!
Crawly

Crawly
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: Aftermarket/Refurb Pressure Plate Finger Adjustment?

Post by Crawly » Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Nevermind! Just answered my own question, the tabs are slotted and can be popped off the bolts for adjustment.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Aftermarket/Refurb Pressure Plate Finger Adjustment?

Post by Jim B » Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm

The site has a dedicated picture server you need to contact Lavoy to get set up with access. There is info about it in the Message board Q&A and Announcement section.

In the FAQ section, one of the first posts has a copy of the service bulletin on how to adjust clutches. I believe you need a JD7 gauge for the 440IC (same gauge does both pressure plates, engine and steering clutches). Lavoy has those for sale, as well as others.

As for reusing the steels it is likely not the best idea, but in my opinion you have to decide based on your situation and use of the machine. The frictions may not turn out to be as good as they look when you get it going. Others have had problems with some of the aftermarket clutch parts. Lavoy knows the ones that work and last, and has them available for sale if you need.