jd440ic cam pump

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: jd440ic cam pump..READY AND WILLING

Post by dtoots1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:15 pm

and the GOOD NEWS IS!

After Mr. Lavoy put new gaskets/ o rings and such in the cam pump and i got it back and installed/////She WOrKS like a charm for the first test anyhow.... Maybe tomorrow i will get to push a bit of dirt just to make her work a bit. The blade raises like she going to town!...however after all my work getting new rod and tubings for the levers....two started slipping already....dang thing is just not handy without having really long handled allen wrenches due to the tight fit under the dash and i sure don't want to break the allen head sets set screws..

gonna make me want them 3 levers for the vicckers valve and move it to where they can be available to hand, right now the valve has to be under the hood to be in line with the clamps under the dash...

does anyone have the levers available??????

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: jd440ic cam pump

Post by Jim B » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:03 am

Good morning,

Glad to hear your machine is on the mend. If you can't find used levers, the Vickers manual we discussed in earlier posts has some info on page 21 about levers; so new may be available. Or you could have some made. In any case, if you haven't got them, I would take measurements of the pin holes, spool ends, distance between hole, etc. for verification purposes of any levers you find before buying or shipping.

What did you end up doing on the suction line and tank?

Jim

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:40 am

jimB,
well, i eliminated the filter section and the other hose shop had a junction (nipple) fitting and 2 female swivel fittings, that were close to replacing the filter boss, after i measured with the scrap pump i was 1/2 inch too long to mate up. So went back and got swivel fitting with male end to connect both pieces of suction and that got me the 1/2 inch shorter...Now the rest of the story is Ma (Expensive) Deere! charges us $28.50 EACH for 2 pieces of rubber tubing sections (called line seals) that fit over the ends of the suction line and under the cap fittings....each of these seals are less than 3/4 inch long, really simple sealing method and seems to work!

If they give me trouble i will build my own tank..out of some 1/2 thick plastic (some kind) of i think sewer pipe or industrial water piping (6 or 8 inch pipe) if i can find some end caps to seal them with, and get the fittings etc (machinist to make the one brass fitting at the pump for a swivel fitting to fit) to match up with suction hose and also move the vickers valve to an open access outside the hood. my welding aint good enough to make tank.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:02 am

If the rubber sleeves had good compression in the fittings they should hold for a long time. Prices do vary across the country. The M3189T sleeve, if that is what you got, is shown as $18.59 each at my agricultural dealer and $19.98 each at the construction/forestry dealer I use. I always run the part numbers through the ag dealer first as they are closer and usually a little less costly if it is a part they have or can get. A lot of the green parts were shared, and they have or can get. I am finding more of the yellow parts they can't get due to Mother Deere's splitting of the lines.