jd440ic 3 spool operating levers

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

jd440ic 3 spool operating levers

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 am

well, while i am hurrying and waiting, have been working on my worn out lever shafts, consists of solid rod with 2 concentric pipes over the rod. both pipes are worn where the levers clamp, just enough to be too loose. we were able to enlarge the slits for the clamps, but at least 1 is still slipping. machine shop was able to find pipes close enough to size, with a little trimming to fit, one is hard brass and the other is stainless steel. will get to see results after the holiday. now i wonder if would be good idea to knurl the clamping ends or wait and see if larger (not worn) size will hold up?

my 3 levers are mounted in the original mount on the right side of the dash and the vickers valve is same side just over the reservoir, vickers valve is made to have the levers on the valve (which i don't have) and of course would be under the hood and levers would be in way of hood as mount to side, so i really can't eliminate the dual clamp (loose) problem by mounting direct to valve as it should be, without a whole lot of replumbing and the vickers levers.