Going to look at an MC

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Jpotter
MC crawler
MC crawler

Going to look at an MC

Post by Jpotter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Hey Guys, first post. Thanks for having me. I live in Alaska and tomorrow I’m going to look at Jd MC. The guy who owns it said I can have it if I want it so we’ll see. It’s at his mining claim north of town. According to him he was using it when he parked it about 10 years ago, which at that time he had gotten a newer dozer so then it sat. My main hope is that the engine isn’t locked up. It’s going to have to be walked out as you can’t get a truck to it. About a quarter mile I was told. I’ve got some pictures, it looks rough but not too terrible. It’s got the 1000 tool bar with a blade so that’s a plus. I’ll update the post when I get back tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Jpotter
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Going to look at an MC

Post by Jpotter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Well, I don't know what exactly I was expecting but it was rougher than I thought with a lot of "Field repairs". The engine is free so that's good. I hope with a carb kit and ignition kit it should run. The right hand steering clutch is locked up, not sure if its just the mechanism or in the clutch itself, my guess it just the linkage. I'm going to haul in a battery, tools, and some fluids this weekend and see if I can get it to turn over at least. I'll keep you guys posted. Ill post some pictures once I get the server thing figured out. Thanks, Jess

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Sounds like quite an adventure. Do keep us posted. Best regards, Bruce

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:12 pm

you do know you have to send emailor pm message to Lavoy with your login and password for the pic server? once is validated you then can access and upload pics to the pic server you then copy the pics file name back the pages back to your post and paste the file name into the IMG insert at top of post box 3d from the right.

read all the info in the pic server post at bottom of board index page when logged in to the site.

welcome aboard your new adventure!!!!
from akron, ohio.

Jpotter
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Jpotter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:19 pm

I guess I didn't know that. I did read the post about getting set up on the server but didn't fully understand that part. I'll send Lavoy a message. Thanks!

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:18 pm

also edit your profile, access is in the drop down box where you log in to jdc site....show at least your home area city or something to let others know where you at. these folks have a lot of experience and will help!