1010 gas hydraulic issue

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
therast
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 gas hydraulic issue

Post by therast » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi, Im new to the forum. I have an early 60's john deere 1010. I had the motor fully rebuilt by a machine shop and i rebuilt the undercarriage all about 30 years ago. Since that time the machine has sat in a barn and only has about 25 hours on it over the past 30 years. I thought the motor had seized but actually the starter solenoid was shot. I recently got it started and out of the barn. Here is my issue now, when I raise the bucket or curl the bucket to the end of the hydraulic cylinder the pump blows fluid out of the front seal. As long as I am not at the end of "travel" there is NO leakage. Would anyone know where the detent valve is located that would remedy this problem? Thanks in advance

original possum
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: 1010 gas hydraulic issue

Post by original possum » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I assume you have a loader and not a dozer. There are probably four relief valves of varying pressure in the whole valve body. Find which section has hoses going to the bucket cylinders and then, with your serial number, go to the John Deere parts site to find the relief valve location in the valve body. Sounds like the cartridge is stuck. Replace it.
Early 40C w/Yakima toolbar and homebuilt ripper: 350 w/6-way