Tie rod cylinder parts list

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Brennan
MC crawler
MC crawler

Tie rod cylinder parts list

Post by Brennan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 am

Good morning everyone! I have a 1960 430c dozer that I am trying to reseal the lift cylinders. The problem I have is my parts list book shows a different cylinder than what I have. Does anyone have a list of part numbers for the tie rod version?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Tie rod cylinder parts list

Post by Jim B » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 am

Good morning,

The tie rod cylinders were standard for most blades used on the 430C's, I believe. Does your dozer arrangement look like this one? Do you have a serial number tag on your dozer? As noted in the photo look on the frame upright on the right side. Several different blades found their way on to these so the ID will help greatly. What do you have for a parts catalog? Is there a manual number on it? More questions than answers I know but you apparently don't have the right parts catalog, if it doesn't have tie rod cylinders, or something has been swapped. Proper ID will get proper info. Check things out and post back with the results.

Photos could help. This site has a dedicated photo server where you store a copy to post. You can read about it on the Messageboard Q&A and Announcements forum. You need to contact Lavoy at postmaster@jdcrawlers.com to get set up to use the site's dedicated photo server.

Lavoy will likely be able to help you with parts for your cylinder when it gets identified. This is his website and his business, which supplies parts and service for these crawlers, supports this site for us to use.

Jim