jd440ic 64blade angle issue 6way blade

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

jd440ic 64blade angle issue 6way blade

Post by dtoots1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm

well guys she working great except she has started having slow return on 1 side of the angle operation when trying to swing it back parallel. it gets there but tis slow... what would cause that? the other side works great..that is angle to left that is slow back to parallel
am sure one of you folks have idea!
dtoots1

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: jd440ic 64blade angle issue 6way blade

Post by Jim B » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi dtoots1,

Has the lever slipped so that the valve is not moving the same distance both ways? Could be something in the centering mechanism (screw backing out, bad spring). Had to pull the centering cap off the angle valve on mine this winter. It had ice in it restricting the travel of the cable, making angle to the right slow.

Jim

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:19 am

howdy JimB,
i hope loose connection, tho i just rebuilt the entire connections up to the valve, last fall..that were slipping! and had to go thru Eaton to get the proper pressure relief for it....now to mention a centering cap and ice under it, hmmm, where is that located...also i gotta get sea foam in the hydraulics as i know must have water in it somehow tis on the milky side and was totally fresh last fall with cyls rebuilt too.
by the way no cables on mine is solid rod connections., and 1 lever works for both ways

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:45 am

Good morning,

I remember you had quite a time with your hydraulics. I know you had issues with the levers slipping on the tubes. Each spool of your valve should have something for a centering mechanism on the opposite end of the valve spool from where your control rods connect to the spool. Many use opposing springs under a cap on that end. A boom spool cap will usually be a bit longer,as those spools often have a detent for float. The valve body on the 450E is mounted such that the spools are vertical with the caps on the bottom and water collected there. I don't know if that is as likely on yours. It is mounted more horizontally isn't it?

Jim

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

actually it is tilted and that end is lower, cause my levers are mounted in the hole to the right side of the dash , so could be possible water mite collect at that lower end, my lever actually pushes to the front to angle out to the right, to bring it back to either parallel or angle left it is slow. the ends of each valve are flat on opposing side appears as one would use a wrench to move the cap or turn the valve not sure what happens as haven't made attempt, they each stick out about 2 inchs..3 valves and 3 levers. assume warmer weather overnite should alleviate problem, but gotta get that sea foam in it too..

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm

re...milky hydraulics...i put 4 oz. of sea foam ..motor treatment in..worked it maybe half hour and fluid is clear like new!!!! haven't had to work angle yet but would bet that got cleared too...put 4 oz in gas tank tis full will see how that goes