GM2-53 question??

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Dave Holt
420 crawler
420 crawler

GM2-53 question??

Post by Dave Holt » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Got it running after complete motor job. Adjusted valves and injectors by the book but will only run for a few seconds then stalls. Did I miss something on the valve/injector /rack adjustment?? Can anyone run me throught the proper procedure.. What might be a common mistake. Thanks Dave

emichaelhaynes
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by emichaelhaynes » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:02 pm

air leaks in the fuel supply line which is a common problem with all diesels and misadjusted fuel racks.

old supply hose may look fine but allow air in under suction. check the stem packing on the shutoff valve. check everything in, about, and around the fuel filter.

the fuel racks need to be set at wide open thottle. the manual isn't as clear as it should be. it helps if you think of the governor as a device to throttle back intead of up. so you wanna make sure that nothing interferes with the linkage, make sure that the rod from the governor to the crank arm is long enough, make sure that there isn't excessive play in any of the cranks and finally, get someone to hold the throttle open if your friction disks are shot.

michael

Dave Holt
420 crawler
420 crawler

Detriot Fuel problem solved thanks to Michael.

Post by Dave Holt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 pm

You were right Michael, I had to pull a suction on the fuel line to find an air leak in the fuel line. Also fuel is leaking from the transfer pump. Doesnt seem to leak there when running. Started right up and purrs like a kitten after fixing the fuel line. Thanks again .
Dave