420 transmission

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
mike roy
MC crawler
MC crawler

420 transmission

Post by mike roy » Sun May 19, 2019 7:24 pm

I have a 420c tracked loader and I have broke my transmission(output shaft climbed on ring gear and pulled forward bearing through transmission case breaking out shoulder of case that retains the bearing). This is an early model case 4 speed, by the manual description. the casting number on the side of the transmission is M3841T. I called farmerjohn.com but he has no complete cases. I have searched ny and upper pennsylvania but have had no luck does anyone know of a salvage yard or a used parts dealer, or anyone that has an old machine for parts. I found two partially disassembled but owner will not part with either, just going to let them rust! My e-mail is mike_roy60@yahoo.com, send me a phone # and I will call.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 420 transmission

Post by Jim B » Mon May 20, 2019 5:42 am

Send Lavoy an email (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) and see what he might have, or ideas of where you might find the parts.

mike roy
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 420 transmission

Post by mike roy » Wed May 29, 2019 8:13 am

to all JDcrawlers members; Thank you for your help finding a transmission for my 420. One of the members Garry Macgill got in touch and told me his father had a parts machine with a four speed and gave me directions. I met Garry, saw transmission, and acquired it. soon I will meet his dad and bring the trans. home! My thanks to Lavoy, Garry and his dad, and all the members of JDcrawlers. For without your organization I would still be hunting online.
Thank you
Mike Roy