Need help with a 1010 crawler track adjuster.

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Lfd270ben
MC crawler
MC crawler

Need help with a 1010 crawler track adjuster.

Post by Lfd270ben » Fri May 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Did the 1010 come with a bolt on washer on the end of the piston? Or is mine just home modified. All the pistons I have seen only are stepped down on the end to a mushroom shape so the seal seats on the mushroom. Mine appears similar but the mushroom bolts on with one bolt in the center. I'm trying to rebuild it and I need to get the correct seals. I also need the tapered bolt that holds the check ball in.... some clown shoved a bolt in it.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Need help with a 1010 crawler track adjuster.

Post by Jim B » Sat May 25, 2019 4:46 am

You can check for your part numbers using the on line parts catalogs at https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.d ... anguage=19. You can either enter your model number or the Parts catalog Number (PC727) in the model search box. If you check that out you will see both types of piston rods and sealing arrangements were used; based on serial number. The screw that holds the check ball is shown as well is shown there as well. There is a difference in the screws used based on serial number in those parts as well. The set screws (and bolts) they used were straight not tapered according to the parts catalog.

I would suggest sending an email (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) direct to Lavoy about the parts you need. I expect he can help you out and will know also know if there were any substitutions/ changes. Include your serial number.

Lfd270ben
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Need help with a 1010 crawler track adjuster.

Post by Lfd270ben » Sat May 25, 2019 8:14 am

JIM YOU ARE MY HERO!! Man, I didn't realize the part numbers were that easy to find thanks for the link!
Ben