General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ironyetty
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by ironyetty » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:36 pm

I have yet another question about the 2010 crawler? I bought a rebuilt head and installed it with no problems. However the combustion chamber 2 and 3 were leaking some antifreeze around them. I pulled the injector assembly out and didn't have the antifreeze drained low enough and flooded the head, :shock: so I pulled the head back off and dried everything out. Put the head back on but now the motor seems to turn over as if it has no back pressure? :roll: Also I am getting water seepage between the block and the piston sleeve that is sandwiched between the head and the block itself. :evil:

What would be my best bet? Too pull the head and the piston sleave and replace the gasket? I really don't want to mess with the lower end of the motor because I think its ok and I'm learning how to replace the head by trail and error.

Thanks a million for everyones help, I'm slowly learning how to work on a crawler! :idea:

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:47 pm

If the deck sleeve gasket is leaking, you will need to pull the deck. If you are going to pull the deck, you will need to pull the pistons. While the deck is out, I would surely put in new o-rings on the deck as well.
Lavoy