440 ic Resto

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ddaxe
430 crawler
430 crawler

440 ic Resto

Post by ddaxe » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:55 pm

So Im finally getting around to restoring my 440ic. Having 3 of them, I should have more than enough parts to build me a good example. The last machine I bought came from one of our members here who had given up on his dream. So I eneded up with a partially restored machine... rebuilt engine and boxes of new parts.. even correct JD construction yellow paint. Not everything to complete the job, but enough to get me further along. My running machine locked up one day and as a couple of the seasoned guys on the forum mentioned, they were correct with-it being the reverser. I have been taking lots of pics of my progress. Ill try to get some of them loaded up to this thread as I go along. I haven't been too active on the forum, but I have lurking and reading many many threads concerning the 440 IC. For now its lots of cleaning up pieces.. & many bags of samdblasting grit. Im sure Ill have a question or 2 to ask along the was... the knowledge on here is phenominal... many many thanks for sharing that wisdom....
Chrome don't getcha Home