2010C Loader Original Paint Scheme

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

2010C Loader Original Paint Scheme

Post by Tigerhaze » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:02 am

Hi-

I saw the post about the 420C, and it got me to thinking about the paint scheme for my 2010C loader. I have read the information on the "Johnny Popper" site about the 2010 crawlers, and it said that the ag and industrial crawlers were identical except for the serial number tag and paint scheme. I had always thought that mine was the industrial version since it came with the Model 50 backhoe brackets and appeared to be all JD yellow. However, I did some cleaning on the engine block (it was extremely grimey to the point of looking brown/black) and it actually is JD green!

Is there some other way to know if this was an ag crawler (since the S/N tag is missing) or is this possibly an industrial crawler that had an ag engine swapped into it? My guess is the latter is true because of the loader and backhoe, but don't know for sure.

Did the ag crawlers ever come with a loader or were they only bare with the PTO? Also, did the ag crawler just have a green block or were other parts of the sheet metal green as well? Since the paint job has been worn over the years, I may try to strip a little paint somewhere on it to see if someone tells me that some of the sheet metal may have been JD green as well or if the block was actually yellow and someone decided to make it green.

Thanks in advance.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 pm

You likely have an industrial crawler that has had a tractor or combine engine swapped in at some time.
Ag crawlers were for the most part bare crawlers, and did not have the HLR option, they were standard transmission only.
The paint scheme was everything green except the undercarraige which was yellow, and maybe a black grille.
Lavoy

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:41 pm

Thanks Lavoy-

I do have the HLR transmission so that confirms it. It's also probably why I don't have the serial number plate; didn't you tell us at one point that the early 2010s had the S/N plate on the engine block?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Yes, they did, I'm not sure when they moved it to the bellhousing, but I would guess close to the 42,000 break.
Lavoy