1010 Front Crossbar Connection

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
magictrix
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 Front Crossbar Connection

Post by magictrix » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm

The front crossbar connection on this 1010 crawler has me puzzled. The track frame connection appears to be a (2) piece plate holding a compression ring through which the crossbar passes, held simply by clamping friction? Am I understanding right? The parts manual I have doesn't show a clamping ring in the parts list but something shows faintly in the illustration of the crossbar. Needless to say, the connection was loose and I need some guidance on a good path forward to fix it. Thanks!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 1010 Front Crossbar Connection

Post by Jim B » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Welcome to the board.

I don't know that I have a good answer for you, but in looking at the JD parts catalog on line it appears there was a change to the front cross bar starting with serial number 15258. The later crossbar would be subbed if a replacement was needed on a serial number prior to that. I have attached a link to the online parts catalog (PC727, it may be a later version than yours) for you to compare with the one you have to see if it sheds any light on what you are seeing. If you click on the "0 Non Sectionalized Catalog" it will take you back to the index. You can scroll pages using the arrows below that. someone with direct knowledge of the setup may be along soon. HTH

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... pgId/61473