440 ic restoration

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
gaspumpsam
440 crawler
440 crawler

440 ic restoration

Post by gaspumpsam » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Starting to get stuff rolling in now for engine. New pistons, rings etc. Crank ( ground- .010 mains, .020 rods) block bored, and the bills are laying on bench, cornarary arrest happening now!!! $$ mount up very quick. Stans comments- there is no cheap crawlers, is absolutely true!! And as you comment to wiffee- but honey, it will be so nice when it’s done!!! LOL!!

On Sun morn I found on Pinterest , plans for a quick , take apart when done, paint booth. I was busy telling my wife about it, what I had to paint, colours etc, and how I couldn’t get overspray on rest of stuff in shop etc, she commenting - yes that’s nice, oh for sure, etc etc., after I was done, she gets up and puts her hearing aids in!!! What a kick in the pants!!!😂😂😂

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 440 ic restoration

Post by dtoots1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 am

well...at least she did not have them in, ....if she did and had em turned off you would never know!!! enjoy!!!
best of lic in restoration. mine aint restored but everything works and it is a worker

gaspumpsam
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: 440 ic restoration

Post by gaspumpsam » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks for that😂😂. Engine had to be done. Was seized, and found out it rolled #2 rod, #-1 was very close.
He had water in base( with oil on top) and so when he checked before starting it had oil on dipstick, but was over full , it didnt run very long and seized, and that’s how I bought it.