Hi all, new here

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
hank
MC crawler
MC crawler

Hi all, new here

Post by hank » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:18 pm

Glad I found this place. I purchased a 1954 (I think) 4 roller 40 John Deere a couple weeks back. Passed it every day on the way to work, & I finally had enough PBR's to go down & make the guy an offer. Drove it home. The wife was SO happy. I got it in the garage, adjusted the tracks, lashed the valves, replaced the ignition system, had the gas tank repaired, & changed all the fluids. i love this thing! I have lots of questions........& will be buggin' you guys alot. The guy I bought it from, well, I think he either inherited it, or got it from an estate sale............cuz he knew some stuff....but not enough. The guy that really owned it built a really nice press thing for the track. I will get a pic & see if you guys can tell me how it works. The right side is good.....the left is kinda sloppy. Oh also..my wife.......she really thought I made a huge mistake until her dad came over. He got all teary eyed when he seen it. Said his dad farmed with a JD 40. Also said the lake across from their house was made with a JD 40 crawler. Then another one...then whatever came after the crawlers. It is a beautifull 3-4 acre Bass lake. ok, I will try to upload a pic. of my dozer. ..........ok I tried, I failed. Perhaps you can not put pics on here?
1954 JD Crawler, 1930's International A, 2015 LS XR4040 (with a hoe) Huge Brad keselowski fan #2

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi all, new here

Post by Lavoy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 am

Welcome to the club so to speak. :lol: Neat find, I think you will have a blast. Direct pic hosting here is no longer available, you must use a third party hosting service. Look in the message board announcements and there is a detailed description on how to use the service set up and maintained by some of the guys on here.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com