Up date on 1010C diesel

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Keith-OR
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: Up date on 1010C diesel

Post by Keith-OR » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:56 am

I am getting fuel to the injectors , but no pressure at injectors. Isn't the pump, suppose to put out high pressure to the injectors??

Thanks
Keith

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Yes the injection pump supplies high pressure fuel to the injectors. However the injector nozzle has to be on the end of that line and the fitting tight for the pressure to develop and "pop" the injector. The injector functions kind of like a relief valve. The pump builds pressure against the spring loaded valve inside the injector body. When the set pressure of that spring is exceeded, the valve pops open and atomized fuel sprays from the ports in nozzle. If the lines are loose at the injector connection, fuel may just dribble out not appear as a spray. How are you determining you have no pressure? Do you have an injector on the end of a line and watching for it to pop, to base saying you have no pressure at the injectors?

A word of caution. Keep fingers, hands and body parts away from high pressure fuel, or oil, sprays. Injection under the skin can result in serious injury, even death.

Have you tested the glow plugs and are they all working. I expect they will be needed to start your engine at this point. Is it turning over fast on the starter? If it is dragging that will hurt starting as well. Diesels need to turn fast for better starting.

Good luck
Jim

Keith-OR
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Keith-OR » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 pm

it runs!!!!Got it running around 7 pm this evening, Not running great but as time goes on I'll address that problem. It has not run is at least 3 yrs, so it will be work in progress. I need to remove the radiator and fix the crack in the lower radiator tank.

Thanks everyone for the helpful advise
Keith