early 1010c loader need help

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
roger5
MC crawler
MC crawler

early 1010c loader need help

Post by roger5 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi, new to group and have been reading alot and I am very impressed with all the knowledge here. But as you might guess I have a question. My loader is a jd1010c , serial 175xx and I have no down pressure. It lifts fine , bucket works great but when reaches ground it just lays there. If I curl bucket when on ground it lifts the loader arms. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: early 1010c loader need help

Post by Jim B » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 am

Welcome to the Board.

Just to review some basics to be sure we are on the same page and terminology. Your loader boom valve should have 4 positions. (The bucket valve only has three: Dump-Neutral, Roll Back). Springs on the boom valve spool should center it in neutral when you release the handle, holding the boom position. Pulling back against the spring, from neutral, it should lift the boom. When you push forward against the spring, from neutral, it should lower the boom with pressure and have down pressure. If you push fully forward it should lock there. That position is called float and lets the boom "float" so the bucket can follow the ground. Float has no hydraulic pressure on either side of the boom cylinders. If you curl the bucket with the boom in float the bucket will move the arms as you describe.

Do you feel the 4 positions of the boom valve? Are you by chance pushing it fully forward and locking it in float, which would cause the symptoms you describe? A failed detent system can make it easy to got past the power down position and sometimes affects neutral centering.
Jim

roger5
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: early 1010c loader need help

Post by roger5 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:30 pm

Thank you for your very detailed reply, Now that I understand how it is supposed to work I was able to determine that my boom valve is not working right and if I wiggle the handle a little front to back it will work. The float detent was stuck so I didnt know it was even there, but thanks to explanation I was able to figure it out. Thanks again for the help.