JD 420 Hydraulic Fitting Sizes

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ChainGang
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 420 Hydraulic Fitting Sizes

Post by ChainGang » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 pm

Looking for tube size for hard lines and fitting sizes. I think one of the lines (hose) that's there is starting to leak so I would like to get that straightened out correctly instead of patching a patch. Right now the hyd lines are all flex, old and half baked and mixed with iron pipe fittings. I have the single valve system and a Holt blade with the cylinders outboard. Figure I'll make the two hard lines between the pump and the control valve, run another pair to the rear and then T off to the cylinders. Then maybe I can get the hood to stay on. But, need to know line size and fitting sizes first. My dozer is remote and I only see it on the weekends mostly. Trying to get ahead of this.
TIA.

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Re: JD 420 Hydraulic Fitting Sizes

Post by Ray III » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:51 pm

I believe the pressure line from the camshaft driven pump on the front of the engine to the valve body is a 1/2" flared pipe. If you make one, it needs to be double flare or it will leak. The suction pipe used compression fittings with rubber seals. I'm not sure if those compression fittings can be had from a hydraulic shop or if they were special.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JD 420 Hydraulic Fitting Sizes

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:01 pm

I have new pressure lines from the pump to valve on hand.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com