Marvel-Schebler Carb ID. 440ic

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dbell
40C crawler
40C crawler

Marvel-Schebler Carb ID. 440ic

Post by dbell » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:37 pm

Gentlemen,
I have a 440IC crawler that has an M-S carb. It is stamped Marvel-Schebler on the rim where the upper and bowl come together. The only numbers on the carb is a "4G" stamped on the bottom, and a number "2" stamped on the side.
My Dad had a few people work on her from time to time years ago, so I don't know if the carb is the original. The crawler ran "ok" for the last several years, but then wasn't getting any gas. I got it on the bench, It looks like a cess pool inside.
Can someone help me ID what I have ? Can any one recommend someone that can properly re-build this carb ?
Thanks Guys,
Dan

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Marvel-Schebler Carb ID. 440ic

Post by Jim B » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:54 pm

The 440IC parts book shows Marvel Schebler TSX-756, TSX-768, and TSX-777 were used. Other numbers may have been as well. I would suggest you contact Lavoy directly and I bet he can fix you up with a kit and might possibly do a rebuild. Remember he provides this site for our use. He has requested people needing parts either call him during CST business hours at 701-361-1006 or email him at postmaster@jdcrawlers.com.

Knowing your general location (no need to be specific) can be beneficial when you ask for help or possible resources. You can add it to your profile so it will always be there for people to see.

dbell
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: Marvel-Schebler Carb ID. 440ic

Post by dbell » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Thanks Jim,
And thanks for Levoy's contact info. He answered some questions for me years ago. As usual, he was spot on.
Regards,
Dan Bell
Colville, WA