440 manual

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
switchhappy
440 crawler
440 crawler

440 manual

Post by switchhappy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:40 pm

does anone have a 440icd jd dozer repair manual, im needing to see the rear end section of it, iv bought a dozer that has been taking apart by someone else and i am lost puting it back together.. so if someone could copy it and mabe send it to me id be more then happy.. thanks

hunter41mag
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hunter41mag » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Copy below of post about manuals on CD from Apr 2005

Don

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 pm Post subject: 440 IC & ICD manuals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, the CD manual is done. I'm ready to start burning copies for those that are interested.

I checked with the post office and $3.85 covers priority mail anywhere in the U.S. for a CD sized package.

I'd like $20 + $3.85 (shipping) for a copy of the CD.

The CD will contain a text searchable PDF file of the 440 ICD parts catalog PC-609, text searchable PDF file of the JD (general motors) 2-53 series diesel engine SM-2028 Sections 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130. It also has a text searchable PDF file of the 440 series spark ignition tractors service manual SM-2023 (includes tractor and crawler), all sections.

You can print out any page you want and it will look just like the original. If you haven't downloaded a copy of Adobe Reader 7.0 you should, the search features are the best yet.

I spent a LOT of hours with the scanner and OCR program to do all the conversions. I won't guarentee there aren't any typos but overall I think the job came out very well.

If someone wants to loan me a copy of the 440 IC parts catalog I would be more than happy to scan it in and add it to the CD. Since mine is an ICD I didn't care to spend the money to buy a IC parts catalog.

I'm not trying to make any money at this, just trying to recoup the cost of the manuals. Its amazing how much the paper copies cost!

All in all I think you'll be very pleased with whats on the CD.

Contact me off list (brad.kahler@141.com) for my mailing address. Personal checks are fine.

Brad

PS, almost forgot I'm including a copy of the Detroit Diesel series 53 engines in PDF format that is also searchable