Reverser operation?!?!? How too

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
BITTIN1963
MC crawler
MC crawler

Reverser operation?!?!? How too

Post by BITTIN1963 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:08 pm

One of what Im sure will be stupid questions...Picked up my 59 430C today and literally the 1st time ive ever sat on one was when I backed it off the trailer..My Question is HOW do I use the reverser?!?!..I pushed in clutch put it in 1st and pulled reverser to reverse and with clutch still in the tractor moves..is that right??..What did i do wrong

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Reverser operation?!?!? How too

Post by Jim B » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:47 pm

It should not move in either reverse or forward with the engine clutch pedal pushed (disengaged). Does it move forward if in 1st and the reverser in forward? Sounds like an engine clutch issue, as disengaging the engine clutch should stop the drivetrain from the clutch disc back. First thing would be to go through the engine clutch adjustment.

BITTIN1963
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Reverser operation?!?!? How too

Post by BITTIN1963 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Jim B wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:47 pm
It should not move in either reverse or forward with the engine clutch pedal pushed (disengaged). Does it move forward if in 1st and the reverser in forward? Sounds like an engine clutch issue, as disengaging the engine clutch should stop the drivetrain from the clutch disc back. First thing would be to go through the engine clutch adjustment.
I didnt think so..made no sense ..Ill look at it and see more..Thank you for the info