440 hydrolic pressure

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tamjerbuck
MC crawler
MC crawler

440 hydrolic pressure

Post by tamjerbuck » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi Lavoy, what should my operating psi be at the cyclinders? And if it is low, how do i adjust? seams i should be able to pick front of dozer up. I flushed pump with k-1 and just had new leathers put in cyclinders. it is better then it was but i think it is still on the weak side. thanks JB

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:22 pm

I assume you are talking about a gas crawler with dozer and cam driven pump? If so, right around 1000PSI. Look on the valve itself, there will be a pressure relief screw under a cap on the valve. Be careful that the valve is not bypassing internally and causing your pressure loss. Also, run a straight weight true hyd oil and you will gain at least 100-200 PSI over a multi-trans type fluid.
Lavoy

tamjerbuck
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by tamjerbuck » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 pm

how do i determine if it is in the valve body? I had a problem with the float position, once i put it in float i could not get it out. so i backed off a nut under the plastic cap. and it disengages easy now. I wonder if i backed it out to much?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:34 pm

That could have been the pressure relief. Sounds to me like you should probably go through the valve and check it out, then set the pressure.
Lavoy