parts for #1100 integral tool carrier

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jbernd56
40C crawler
40C crawler

parts for #1100 integral tool carrier

Post by jbernd56 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:44 pm

I have a 40C crawler with a 1100 tool carrier with a dozer blade. On each push beam there is supposed to be a leveling screw. I don't know why, but mine has none on either side. Someone before me decided to "fix" the problem by just welding the shaft to the housing which now is broken loose and one side of the dozer is lower than the other, which is a pain when trying to use the dozer or plowing snow on soft ground. I do not want to weld the thing.
Someone on here sent me a parts breakdown of the thing and I am grateful for it. I went to JD this afternoon and no luck all obsolete, not surprising.
I would like to know if someone has parts, knows of parts, has made parts, has donor blade and is willing to give up parts, or any other bright ideas.
I am pretty certain that I can build something that will suffice, but would prefer somewhat original parts.
If nothing else, I hope I am as entertaining to you all as I was to the parts guy at JD!

original possum
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: parts for #1100 integral tool carrier

Post by original possum » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:40 am

What parts do you have left? Other than the crank most other parts are still available as "common" items, like bearings. The 1000 Tool Carrier parts list (PC296) has good detail.
Early 40C w/Yakima toolbar and homebuilt ripper: 350 w/6-way

jbernd56
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by jbernd56 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:05 am

Thanks, where are they listed as " common" and how do I get a hold of them? I need the adjusting screws, the whatever block that attaches the screw to the arms, and whatever bearings, nuts and connecting pieces that go with them.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:27 pm

I'm not going to say this will yield results, but if you give part numbers and the names in the parts catalog it may help the guys come up with answers or suggestions for you. Here is a link to the online parts catalog (PC400) for the # 1100 Tool Carrier so everyone can look at the parts catalog if they choose.

PC400

Common parts are things like nuts, bolts, and other hardware you can find locally. Bearings and seals can often be crossed or matched up at bearing supply houses. Hoses and packings can often be found through hydraulic shops. And of course, giving Lavoy a call (701-361-1006 during CST business hours) or emailing him (poatmaster@jdcrawlers.com) may get you some parts or leads on where to check.

jbernd56
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by jbernd56 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:15 pm

I have a copy of the parts list PC400. You are right, it yielded NO results. Obsolete numbers. I was hoping that somebody had one laying around that was otherwise trashed and would not miss the leveling device and hardware. Come on JD fans.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:41 am

I've restored a couple, there are no parts available other than used, everything else must be made from scratch. Do you have the arms taken apart to see if the "nut" is still there, intact, and good threads?
lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

jbernd56
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by jbernd56 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:17 am

I dont have any of the "screw" parts. If I knew what the trunion block and trunion looked like, I'm pretty sure I can build back from there. The parts list only shows a square hole in the end of the arms, which I have. If anybody has one that they can get a decent picture through the access hole, that would be great!