John Deere 1010c vs 350 drive sprocket width

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Mozy
MC crawler
MC crawler

John Deere 1010c vs 350 drive sprocket width

Post by Mozy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:37 am

Thanks Lavoy for letting me join up! I’ve been silently using the site for tips while rebuilding my early 1010c that I bought a few years ago. One thing I’ve learned from the site is the common upgrade of using 350 chains and sprocket rims on a 1010. I determined the previous owner put 350 chains on it for sure since it has the larger bushings, and pins. Although my sprockets are in pretty good shape, I think I’ve found that they did not replace the sprocket rims with a 350. The existing teeth seem narrow compared to the mating bushing surface of the chains and the chain will pop out of the lower rear roller when I’m on a bind. The track never comes off and I can reverse direction to get the track back in the roller but I know it’s not right. Tightening my tracks more will definitely help but I suspect that I need to replace the sprocket rim with a 350. The current track to roller alignment looks centered. Does anyone have the wear limits of a 350 sprocket so I can compare to mine and see if I have a 1010 sprocket for sure? I have the specs for the 1010 sprocket from this site but I can’t find the specs for a 350 anywhere. Also any other tips to look for are appreciated! Thanks
Early John Deere 1010c gas with reverser.