Gearmatic 8A winch for 1010c

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
John1010c
MC crawler
MC crawler

Gearmatic 8A winch for 1010c

Post by John1010c » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:39 pm

Gentleman, I just purchased a Gearmatic 8A winch. I was told it was all there and I thought that meant it came with the control, fairleads, mounting brackets etc. Well it did in fact come with all that however I got a bucket with a lot of other parts to it as well. I thought it was completely assembled. So to the point. Do any of you have a detailed parts diagram , one that shows the individual parts and the order they go in ? I would be happy to pay you for a copy.

Another concern I have is the two anchor rods that attach from the winch to the side frame of the crawler. I don't have the correct ones for a 1010 but could probably make some if need be. I would be willing to purchase a set as well. Back to my issue, the only holes I have that look like they could work are the ones that the fenders mount to. Do those holes have a dule purpose or should the mounting blocks have their own holes ?

Thank you for your time, John

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Gearmatic 8A winch for 1010c

Post by Jim B » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:38 pm

Welcome to the Boards John.

Posts like this for your 1010C and its attachments should be on the Early Models Board. This Board is for questions and info related to the boards, not equipment. It will likely get moved to the Early Models Board by a Moderator. This Board is only visible when one is logged in. I know I often scan the boards to look for new posts about the crawlers, but don't log in if there is nothing new. I only saw your post as I signed in today to check something else. I expect others do the same so you might be a while before it will be seen on this Board.

What machine was the winch on previously?