1959 440icd reverser

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jeff
MC crawler
MC crawler

1959 440icd reverser

Post by jeff » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:17 pm

just lost forward in the reverser looking for info.as to what the problem might be also looking for manuals to help me work on this machine just found a backhoe model jd95 on ebay thanks to one of the members of this site just wondering if its too mutch for my crawler seems like it will match right up with the brackets that are on the crawler just seems tobe heavy duty. thanks for any info. jeff

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:51 pm

Could be an adjustment, but if it died suddenly, I would guess the teeth are gone off the clutch discs. This is a real common deal if the reverser has been shifted without using the clutch.
If the crawler you have was not a hoe crawler originally, you do not have the correct mount, pump, or plumbing to handle a hoe. If you do, it will carry a 95, might be awful light on the front end, but they are with any hoe.
Lavoy

olrobk

Re: 1959 440icd reverser

Post by olrobk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:08 pm

...just found a backhoe model jd95 on ebay thanks to one of the members of this site just wondering if its too mutch for my crawler seems like it will match right up with the brackets that are on the crawler just seems tobe heavy duty. thanks for any info. jeff[/quote]

Jeff, if you don't want the backhoe, I'll look at it. I have a 1010. Lemme know. =Rob