Model 50 backhoe on eBay

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
olrobk

Model 50 backhoe on eBay

Post by olrobk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:18 pm

I've been bidding on a backhoe on eBay that looks clean but clearly repainted. However at least it has no big plates welded to the boom. From reading this site, it sounds like it weighs in at 2500 pounds. I sure would like to hang it on the back of my 1010 but it's in Georgia, which is 800 miles away. I hope I'm not bidding against any of you because if I am, you can have it! It's gotten too rich for me.
Has anyone seen it?
What does "our club" think of backhoe attachments added to 1010's?
Plenty of experienced operators have told me a backhoe added to a trackloader makes the whole unit too heavy and unwieldy.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:13 pm

The hoes are quick attach, so if you don't need it, just drop it off and you are back to what you started with, only put it on when you need it.
Remember your crawler must be equipped as a hoe crawler to start with or you can not use a hoe.
Lavoy

olrobk

Post by olrobk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:15 pm

I don't know what "equipped as a hoe crawler" means but it sounds ominous coming from the moderator. Is the subject covered somewhere?

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Look in the "Little Shop o' Deere's" Forum- there is a current thread about this subject.

My Model 50 is on the back of my 2010 loader and the combo tracks and moves just fine- in fact it would have saved me some extra work with a recently slipped track. I've heard they are a little heavy on the 1010's, and are better on a loader than a dozer because you can fill your bucket with a load of soil and counterbalance the weight especially if on a slope.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:46 am

I have a loader and backhoe unit off a 440 if anybody is interested. Don't have the backhoe just the mont where the backhoe goes. Also it is a 831 loader.

Tiny Crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tiny Crawler » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Backhoe works great on the back of the 1010 loader. I have a 51 hoe that I bought from Little John on this site. It is easy to put on and take off, and the work I did on my foundation last year with the mast being able to slide to the side saved me some extra excavating. It has not been difficult to get around with. My house is on a decant slope and I am often crawling around it with the hoe attached. What Lavoy is talking about is that if you your machine was not set up with the backhoe before then the spoiler valve for the loader is not set up to pass Hyd fluid to an aux port. You can tell this by the end plate on the spoiler, it there is a fitting on the plate then you are in. If not you can do as I did just find a spoiler assy for a 2010 and it will work. Also there is a swiveling seat on the 1010 fitted with a hoe. I have been looking for one but for now I have been sitting on a 5-gallon bucket.

jeff
MC crawler
MC crawler

backhoe attachment

Post by jeff » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:37 am

does anyone have any photo's that show what a 440icd that is plumb for a hoe looks like just resently descovered that both fenders on my crawler are broken and poorly welded looks to me someone had something on the back and tore the hell out of it thanks jeff.