831 loader side plates

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tod
420 crawler
420 crawler

831 loader side plates

Post by tod » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:36 pm

i started to unbolt the sideplates and found some really tight bolts ,how did they get them so tight in 1959?:anyways ive taken out the pins on the cylinders and was wondering ,should i pull the lines off or can the side plates come off and the cylinders slide thru them?hope that i can get the plates off leaving the top on cause those are the welded brackets on top. i need to take to work and torch em .i dont have a torch where the tractor is apart at .the 1inch and 1/8 bolts on top are not moving i was on em with a breaker bar in a 4 foot pipe,nuts everything else came apart easy,found the side plates in louiasiana they look nice compared to the old ones that have been welded on ,by the old owner who didnt do a good job welding ,well as soon as i got the bill for shipping the plates i about had a coronary!looks like they were pulled out of a swamp out there but they will blast and refinish nice ,looks like when i get my yard done i might as well restore the old crawler cause its cool.Tod
jd 440 ic crawler i need parts when i break it.