Vacume ????

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
russ61
420 crawler
420 crawler

Vacume ????

Post by russ61 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 am

Just got thinking the other day(no it didn't hurt :)I was working on my old Dodge army truck and got to noticing that everything is vented to the intake after the filter and before the carb.What if we did this on our crawlers to the steering clutch housings??Would this help pull out execess moisture from condensation?What about mounting a dessicant bag on the cover plate?We use them at work for absorbing moisture when we ship parts.The whole idea of this ramble is to try and stop the steering clutches from sticking. Any thoughts??
Russ

Joe Iannitto
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Joe Iannitto » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:16 am

Russ,
I not sure if that will work. The purpose of venting everything into the intake manifold , I guess you are talking about the M-37, was that the truck could travel into 3 to 4 feet of water without polluting the oils with water. Ok course you could go a little deeper with an extension on the air intake and exhaust. Anyway since the purpose of venting everything into the intake was for fording purposes I don't think the created vacumn would prevent condensation from forming when the dozer is sitting around.
Joe