1010 runaway injector pump

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
olrobk

1010 runaway injector pump

Post by olrobk » Mon May 07, 2007 5:46 pm

My 1010 diesel idles and runs, starts and stops but when I give it throttle, it takes off at full throttle. It sounds flat out. When I jiggle the throttle lever, it'll come right back to idle. Move the throttle up to give it some more speed and it'll take off again like I've hit the blend button on a mixer. Looking at the linkage and lever on the side of the pump, it's clear that the throttle lever returns to idle. This tells me something is going on inside the pump.

Any suggestions?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon May 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Same thing happened on my brother's, it was the injector pump. Put on a rebuilt pump, ran so much better that it was scary.
Lavoy

olrobk

Post by olrobk » Mon May 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Thanks Lavoy... I should just have an automatic greeting that says "Thanks Lavoy" with every post.
Where does "our club" buy injector pumps?

And while I'm at it, I saw "Reliable" mentioned in posts about parts sources.
Who are they?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon May 07, 2007 10:47 pm

At the time we did my brothers, I got a rebuilt pump from one of my suppliers. The trouble with that is that they assume worst case scenario as far as your and everyone else's core injector pump, so the price is higher. You may be better off checking with a local injection shop. They are not an expensive pump to rebuild if there is not big damage.
Lavoy