JD 440icd / AG6

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
rustycrawler
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD 440icd / AG6

Post by rustycrawler » Sun May 13, 2007 12:41 pm

Hello
I got my half 440 half Cletrac AG6 home yesterday. I bought the tractor for the Cletrac under carriage for another project that Im working on. I will have the top half of the 440 with 831 loader for sale. I tried posting pics but they are to big so I need to resize them. The guy that put it together loved the welder and torch! So most of it will have to be taken apart with a torch. Has anyone else ran into this type of creation? I will try getting pics up later today.
Thanks Wade

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sun May 13, 2007 5:50 pm

I just found an OC3 but no cross over of parts .The price was right on this old girl. I like them as original as possible my self.I even leave the 40 Deere my Cleat Track and the old Oliver on 6 volt system .I have enough other crawlers around that these two don't work for a livening so they can be poor starters till they go to a antique equipment show in July.but all start well with 6 volt anyway The local auctioneer is an Oliver crawler buff. we have a lot of Cleat Tracks and OC3s in Ontario but as Oliver worked with Cockshutt of Brantford from the mid 40s to the late 60s very few Oliver and Minneapolis industrial machines came North of the border during that time.This guy has several crawlers but they are rare units indeed.I have noticed that British Colombia has more of those old crawlers though . they probably had more active dealerships in those days .I guess any machine has its good sales area Ford backhoes are worth good money in some areas but up here they cant give them away .Back to that crawler post us some photos if you will sure sounds like one of a kind.Digitup.

rustycrawler
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by rustycrawler » Sun May 13, 2007 9:21 pm

I got some pics posted Thanks to mr watson!