John deere sprockets on ebay

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

John deere sprockets on ebay

Post by carolina crawler » Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 pm

I ask him about his reserve and if he would like to sell some as a pair at a resonable price, and the following is his response......... In response to both of your posted questions;
No, I'm sorry I don't have any extra rails or chains/pads I am willing to part with. I just happen to have more sprockets than I plan to use in the near future. As to the reserve and your offer/deal question, I don't really need to sell them so if I don't get my reserve I'm OK with that and will buy machines to use them on. I'm not sure if it is against EBAY protocol to reveal reserve (I usually buy, not sell) so I'm inclined not to reveal, other than to say my reserve is significantly higher than the starting price.
Thanks for your interest.........so I am not sure this guy is willing to help Us who needs these parts, think hes more concered about how fat he can make his wallet........ Mark
Last edited by carolina crawler on Mon May 14, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Mon May 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Actually, Paul is a member of this list. If he's asking what I think he is for the reserve, it's not that much more than you can find the odd NOS sprocket laying around in back rooms here and there. I just got a quote today for a NOS T16259 sprocket at $356 plus shipping.
Bill Wattson

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Mon May 14, 2007 8:43 pm

just felt his message was a slap in the face to us people who need these parts and are searching far and wide for them, the fact is" that he has more then he needs ,and really is not worried about the sale", then why put them out there.....I know.....testing the waters, .let the bidding work, thats the whole idea...the deals are out there,I just need to keep looking.......Mark

JimAnderson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

sprockets

Post by JimAnderson » Mon May 14, 2007 8:53 pm

Which sprockets are you referring to?I looked on E-bay and didn't
did not get any hits but planter sprockets.If you need drive sprockets
for 420 ,430 or early 440 machines mother Deere has them.If you
need sprockets for something else I don't know but someone on this
board should be able to help.JMHO JimAnderson

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Mon May 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I'm sure if you write Paul off list, he'll probably sell you a couple. The only problem I had, if you can call it a problem, was that Paul wanted a little more than I thought I could find a couple of sprockets for. Fair enough. If you've got a few extra of the only 1010 sprockets left in the world, you might as well make a few bucks on them.
Bill Wattson

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Mon May 14, 2007 9:52 pm

I totally understand about the rarity of these sprockets (T16261T/T16259T)and understand that some things go up in value....hence supply and demand....back when people carried about people, you could do buisness and make money and even make a friend, Now its, I have it, you want it, then Pay me for it......I own many classic firebirds from the 70s.all valuble..I have spent money to get then to the state there in.there only worth what someone would like to pay for them.I would love to get 20k a car, will I , doubt it, but I enjoy them.Parts on the other hand are nothing more then that,parts.Price them fair, they havent been painted, restored or anything.sell them for whatyou have in them or what they were when new, then let the bidding begin.....I have talked With Lavoy, about, replacment teeth,talked with numerous other about new aftermarket sprockets and even good used ones...I am not trying to be a sore looser or anything,Just dont understand why todays world is so hell bent on making so much off a single trans action,,,from selling boiled peanuts at a roadside stand to selling HTF parts on ebay......just sharing my thoughts, If I could I would rewind the world back to when people cared about his/her fellow man....todays society sucks,and I have four teenage boys about to enter it......I pray for them......and not sure why the name under mine says "MC crawler" I own a 1960 440ICD crawler/loader...thanks to Mr.Wattson and Mr. Anderson for there responses

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 am

Hi,

The tags are linked to how many posts you've made. The 'MC Crawler' is the earliest crawler, so that's what you get tagged with first. As you post, the tag will increment to '40 Crawler', then '420 Crawler', and so on.

If you want to know the intrinsic value of the sprockets, head off to some machine shops and price out what it'd cost for them to make up a pair from scratch. That's the way I always decide if something is worth what's being asked - what does it cost to just make up a new one?

Maybe you should explore the alternative of switching to 350 rails and sprockets. That's what'd I do regardless of the model of the machine at this point. You can still get those parts new, and it's not too difficult a machine shop job to cut the old worn out sprocket into a hub for a new 350 ring sprocket.

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue May 15, 2007 9:13 am

I have NOS 420 sprockets on hand, and if you didn't mind cutting them up, you could cut the rim off of them, and then rerim your old late 440/1010 sprockets just like you would do if you switched to 350 rims. I actually have on cut off 420 rim on hand. Someone must have rerimmed a brand new 420 sprocket with a 350 rim and used a new sprocket to do it.
Another option is to go ahead and rerim your old sprockets with 350 rims, but still run your original tracks. It is not the best option, but it would be better than running worn out sprockets on new pins and bushings. At least the flanges would be full width so you would not be chewing up the bushing face with a narrow worn out sprocket.
I have explored reproducing the 440/1010 sprockets, but the cost is too high for the potential volume that might sell, and the required volume to have them manufactured. I wish I had a better answer.
Lavoy

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Tue May 15, 2007 11:17 am

draper tractor, quoted me 175... each for new aftermarket rear sprockets for the 440 model crawler, anyone have any knowledge of these, are they durable and strong like the OE units or a cheap japan knock off...Thanks to all for the great feedback.....Mark

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi CC-

There was another thread about the inexpensive aftermarket sprockets- I think someone said they were made in Korea? You could do a search on this site and find the thread.

I've never had an issue with people trying to make a buck on E-Bay; I consider it to be an auction just like a live auction and if someone wants to pay more than what it's worth, then so be it. You should always research what things are worth (or are worth to you) before you go to an auction.

I have gone through some sprocket issues on E-Bay myself. The 2010 sprockets, especially NOS, are hard to come by. Once I was the winning bidder and the seller told me he didn't have them anymore. I had another auction where I was the leading bidder with only a short time left and the seller stopped the auction with no warning or explanation once the price got up above his reserve. I do have issues with that- if you are going to sell at an auction then you should go through with it.

Lavoy has since helped me out with my sprocket problems- he'll set you up fair and honest.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Tue May 15, 2007 12:30 pm

CC,

They're probably the early 440 sprockets. The late 440 and 1010 sprockets are the T16259. If you find out that they are T16259 sprockets for $175, let us know.
Bill Wattson

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Tue May 15, 2007 1:38 pm

left message with Gentleman at Draper tractor to verify that these are replacements for T16259 sprockets.he said he will have to check , not sure at this time..as for the whole ebay thing,I love to make money..but I am also a very fair person.I will not take advange of another human being just to make my pocket thick..like people who feed off the wellfare system of our states and take advange of certain relief groups, because they feel that someone owes them...BS.....work hard and better yourself....My whole goal to restore my crawler, is to find as much OE parts as I can for a resonable price, some may be way out of my budget , then again I may just have to break down if all other sorces are exhausted.considering how many tractors and crawlers are in the mountains of the east and the central plain states, got to be more then a hand full of these still around.. I wana DIG, And DIG hard,anyone with OE crawler sprockets for my metal son let me know...Please.. MY serial is 458922.........thanks to all.........Mark..

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue May 15, 2007 1:43 pm

I would doubt that they are the 440/1010 sprockets, my bet would be that they are 350 sprockets. There is no source that I know of or can find US or foreign for the T16259 sprocket.
Lavoy

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Tue May 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Lavoy, I think you've got the best idea with cutting the rims off the T16260 sprockets and welding them onto the 1010 sprockets. The older sprockets were what they had stacks of when I was at Berco and the Korean aftermarket supplier is setting the price in the $170 - $180 range. Sort of a pain in the backside with a cutting torch but with a plasma cutter and a little turntable type setup, pretty easy to do. Probably 15 minutes work to cut them out and 30 to stick weld them together and away you go.

When I've priced the 350 weld on rims they've been in the same price range as the 420 sprockets. At least this way you get the right tooth size at the same price and only about an hour's more time. The thing is that it's at half the price of 1010 sprockets when you can find them. This has got to be the way to go.
Bill Wattson

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Tue May 15, 2007 7:45 pm

This is my problem, Of all the things I need to make good on my crawler,The drive( chain and sprockets) are the hardest to locate Original....I am a stickler for OE parts when and if avail....MY right side has been cut and welded.already....yuk.....not to good looking and unsure of the trueness...the left side is totally waisted and has eaten into the pins and bushings and the track is soooooo streched that theres a section that was made to make a link longer??truly a fix in a desperate situation....it worked, but it not going to hold up with what I will need it to do....I (my son) put a bid on the ebay sprockets .. what the heck lets see were this goes, I have nothing to loose ...Did talk with a gentleman in chicago tonight, he has 2 440 gas crawlers, one good in areas and not in others, wanting to make one good unit, and has oftered his drive parts, BUT I have to drive there to get them......he sending a list of items that he is parting out and I will put that here, once I get it. HE (Like Me) is new to this old tractor/crawler SEARCH for parts.and is unsure of the condition untill he dissasembles the unit....If I have No luck with these ....Lavoy is going to love my credit card........Sincerly.....Mark you guys are Best, thanks Lavoy for this site.......PUSH HARD,PULL HARD, BUT DIG DEEP...