John deere sprockets on ebay

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
bighamlin
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by bighamlin » Wed May 16, 2007 6:50 am

Carolina Crawler,
I to feel your pain and I have 4 kids, two in college, two with braces and a wife who looks at me suspeciously whenever I start flipping through my collection of JD parts catalogs. One thing my wife does say though, is at least my JD habit keeps me at home, instead of in the bars or chasing women. While I have been an EBAY member for 8 years and have bought hundreds of JD parts, I probably only sold 3-4 items in that time period. So I am a collector/restorer just like you and am not in the parts business. I go for the 1010 to 4020 era and everyting in between. I have paid much more than I would like to admit for critical items at the dealer and to others, why, because I couldn't find what I neeeded anywhere else. In fact, my wife jokingly refers to Mary, the parts manager at my local JD dealer, as my mistress. Yes, this is an adicting/expensive habit we have. The only reason I have more sprockets than I need is I was going to get a second 1010, but have since decided to get a 2010 just to be different. So yes, I will probably be paying some outrageous price for 2010 sprockets one day.

I see you are in the GA/SC area, I go the 75, 675, 285, 85, 985, 441 route 1-2x per year, so if you don't need the sprockets right away and are the winning bidder, I would be happy to meet you and save you the shipping costs.

Thanks
Paul

bighamlin
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by bighamlin » Sat May 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Just an FYI since I have been getting many questions on EBAY about my reserve;

The highest price I paid was $340 ea from a dealer plus shipping and packaging and my reserve is set at 25% above that. You all probaby know that most parts you all buy are marked up much more than that. Sorry, but the lowest I paid was $280 plus shipping and I will keep those because I want a spare set for my 1010.

Thanks
Paul