JD MC DECAL LOCATION

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
catmatt
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD MC DECAL LOCATION

Post by catmatt » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:25 pm

anyone have any pics of the exact location for all of the decals? please email to msryan7@gmail.com

Thanks

catmatt
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by catmatt » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:38 am

help guys! Just send me photos of your restored MC crawlers.

msryan7@gmail.com

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Matt,

Don't have an MC so I can't help much. There are plenty of photos on the internet of MC crawlers if you enter "Deere MC" on Google. The parts book should show you all the decals used by serial number range and the operator's manual will probably give you a better idea of location.

Lavoy can sell you decals or get you to somebody he would recommend if he doesn't have them.
Bill Wattson

DiggerLarry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by DiggerLarry » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:19 pm

There were 3 different size JOHN DEERE decals for the hood, depending on serial number. Be aware that there are many poorly decaled machines out there as there owners are having the same problem you are. They just didn't know the proper location and style of decal, or just didn't care if it wasn't completely correct. Old Deere and Company pictures are your best source, like in sales lit. but even those may show a different decaling scheme that waht was used in actual prodcution. Sorry, I really didn't answer your question. My neighbor has an original 49 M. I'll be glad to send you a pix of it. Email me at Larry@JohnDeere40.com if you like to see it.
Digger
Charlotte, NC
www.JohnDeere40.com

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:51 am

Hi,

Just an odd bit of information. The original decals were not actually decals. The information was screen printed directly onto the metal during production.

Even the yellow stripes on the later 420 series was a screenprint. It was ink rather than paint (the difference involves the size of the pigment particles and resultant application thickness), which is the main reason why my 420c has these ugly white stripes on it now.....

The overhaul kits supplied by Deere did contain decals, however.

When I repaint one, I opt for paint for the stripe and cut vinyl instead of decals. While I own a screenprinting shop, I'm not about to lug tractor parts over there and screenprint them! ;)

BTW, my 'M' was repainted with New JD green and New JD Yellow for the stripes and cut vinyl in the font used on the 420 series. Yes, I know - all wrong. I think it looks better that way, though. :P

As far as the decal placement, I recall seeing guides for this. I just recall if they're in the service manuals or in the parts manual....

Keep in mind that Deere tended to change what the things said as well as where they were put during production, so the best guide of all is to note what was where on a particular machine. This does not help if the thing is all rust now, though!

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)