440 jd blade

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

440 jd blade

Post by NNAATZ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 am

http://www.machinerytrader.com/images/M ... 629705.jpg
not real sure if i did this right but i found this crawler in wis. that i am kind of interested in, just asking for the id of the blade and maybe possable truble areas to look for. thaks nick

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:08 am

never mind, its been sold

Bill 49
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Bill 49 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:21 am

I can tell you what you should have asked about since I bought this damn machine; here are a few questions:

1. is the key on the hydraulic pump rounded in a manner that causes the shaft to spin on the pump thus the pump does't work (this happened 15 minutes off the trailer)
2. Will the right track come undone due to poor installation of the main (this happened after the pump was fixed, two hours of actual use)
3. Why does it appear that the left track doesn't push? When pushing a load the right track will dig in but the left seem to have no power to it. This is still under investigation.
4. After two hours of actual use you are not able to turn left much at all and turning right is getting bad as well, what causes this? This too is under investigation.
5. Will number 4 above "heal over night" if you let the machine sit and go find something else to do? Answer to this one is hell no!
6. Does the machine come with a service manual since it is likely I will have to tear the rear end apart after 3 hours of actual use!

NNAATZ, do not be disappointed that I got there first! If you are interested I might be willing to sell it to you for the price I paid :)

Lavoy, after I found this web sight I see that you are the man! Can you confirm that this machine is a 440C as they told me it was? Heck they have a sticker on the side that says it is. Also, any idea where I can get the service manual since obviously I DID NOT ask the right questions.

It will be a great little machine when I get it fixed

Bill

hunter41mag
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hunter41mag » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

Bill,

Check the serial # tag that is located on left side (Carb side) of the engine flywheel housing. It should have model and serial number stamped in. There is a FAQ area on this site that gives the serial numbers and corresponding year of manufacture.

To me it looks like my 440IC with a 602 blade and standard seat. It hard to tell in the picture but it looks like a 2 cylinder engine. If so it is definatley a 440, if more than 2 cylinders then it could be a 1010.

What looks odd to me is the hydraulic hoses to the upper right side of dash?

Manuals can be found on ebay, JD dealer (expensive) or there is also a post on this site from someone who has them available electronicly (Kahler?). Make sure to get a operators, service and parts manual and if you want specific info on the 602 dozer blade that is also a seperate manual.
Don
Eastern PA
440IC (1960)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:25 pm

Bill,
Yes it is a 440IC, the blade is a model 602.
Brad Kahler is the one on here that has all of the 440 books on CD, search the messages, you will find him, or he may see this and contact you.
Oh by the way, it looks like both tracks are on backwards.
Lavoy

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:55 am

i am unsure of my interest yet, but want another crawler project. i am just getting started to gain some knowledge on the 440 and 1010. but if your will to sell maybe i can kick the idea around pm me if you get the chance or email at darren@featherlitegraphics.com
thanks nick

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 am

and to talk about problems after barely unloading off the trailer your not the only one i have done this time again with tractors