JD 2010 dozer

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
PML
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 2010 dozer

Post by PML » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 am

Hi everyone, well after a year of dozing with my new rebuild on the 2010 everything looks good. I parked it for a few months, winter is coming on so went out and pulled the radiator cap :cry: no water at the top. It took 1/2 gallon to get it to the top. So I pulled the oil plug and there was my 1/2 gallon of antifreeze. Has anyone came up with a better way to seal the liner bottoms? I am going to pour stop leak in it for now and wait till winters over before tackling the problem. This little dozer and I have a love hate relation. PL

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:40 am

2010 blocks were prone to cracking between the liners as well, that is another potential source.
Lavoy

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:48 pm

Installing cylinder liners so they seal properly is a very picky job. The seal grooves in the block need to have all scale/debris removed with a wire wheel on a die grinder. Then a conical stone must be used with the die grinder to bevel the corners so the seals will not catch when you drop the liner in. The packings (seals) have to be lubricated with soap (available from John Deere); you can't use oil for the installation since they are designed to swell when soaked with oil for a perfect seal and if this happens prematurely the packing may not enter the bore fully.